Share | 

Tax'et and Ceizak plasm farm 9/7/13

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hawina
Admin

PostSubject: Tax'et and Ceizak plasm farm 9/7/13   Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:48 pm

Ahoy!

On Tuesday it is time to take on Tax'et in the field. After that we will go plasm farming in Ceizak.

Tax'et starts with Damage Taken -99%. With every use of Exuviation it will take more damage,
and after 20 uses its DT-% will be completely gone. It will continue to use Exuviation as
long as debuffs are re-applied quickly after each use. Exuviation heals a lot of HP, so once
its damage taken is back to normal, no more debuffs should be used. It casts fire-based
spells including Fire IV, Flare, Firaga IV, Firaga V and Firaja. Most of its TP moves are
fire elemental and conal, so DDs should stay on its sides or back. Benumbing Blaze is very high
AoE fire damage plus Paralysis and should be stunned. Erratic Flutter gives Tax'et a potent Haste
effect which should be dispelled if possible. It's very important to keep barfira up and for
everyone in AoE range to use a MDT set to macro in to prevent massive damage from spells and
TP moves.

See you on Tuesday!

~Haw
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skai

PostSubject: Tax'et Strategies!   Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:19 am

Hello everyone!

I'd like to add my two cents for this nm as I'm 1/9 on him, out of which 6 of those attempts ran into time issues.

1) Dedicated Enfeebler(s) - it is not difficult to land enfeebs on him (so far I have never seen resists). One good rdm and brd should handle the enfeebs/songs, and cycle through the same set whenever exuviation is used. Recommended for only 1 primary Rdm and 1 primary brd doing this and a back up in case the primary goes down. No one else should be enfeebling. This is crucial, I've been in fights where it's a mess of whm sch brds randomly helping out n casting only the same enfeebs, overriding each other while not enough variety to force exuviation, or worse, casting enfeebs out of habit even when they are told to stop.

2) Number of Exuviations - I know I've seen wikis indicating 20 exuviations clear the pdt. However this is not true; the only time I was successful was a party made by Japanese, and they insisted to take it to 25, which is the full pdt value. I noticed that there is a noticeable difference between 20 and 25, so we should go for 25 if possible. It takes roughly 3-6 mins if we're doing it right to reach 25.

3) WS and JA - From experience, all Melees should NOT ws until all 25 Exuviations are up, and only use non status effects ws. All job abilities that add status effects must also not be used. This is a much better guide because a) using ws before 25 Exuviations won't speed up the fight, since the first phase is all about removing pdt, and every exuviatiion basically cures it to full. Besides, the primary enfeeblers will be doing the enfeebs so the DD's can build and keep their TP at 300%. B) Asking folks, especially those from shouts to change their ws mid fight, is a big risk. It will always happen where a random dd does something silly like blade bash or a status ws, and if tax'et exuviates at 60%, more or less the fight will be a loss. Note that pld should refrain from flash as well. So far only stun seems to be safe; all others should be stopped upon 25 Exuviations.

4) Slow consistent dmg is key. Contrary to popular beliefs, if done right, 20 mins is a luxury, but it is important to do things right. Ie, when dd's get hate, TURN. I don't mean to sound harsh, but play like a proper DD instead of a parse contest. The added benefit of DDs not using ws from the first phase is also to allow the pld to build enough hate so that by the second phase, all the pld hate skills used thus far would have solidified the hate for the pld to retain it till the end of the fight. If DD's get hate and they continue to deal dmg, for eg DRK with apoc thinking he can tank, he becomes a mp sponge, whm gets hate from curing and basically Mage and party wipe. Just to give you an idea - we killed tax'et in 16 mins with a group of mostly semi decent dd's (I think there were only 2 REMD DD's). I was second top parse with a kantonotachi and I wasn't even doing that much dmg, but the fight was ultra smooth with only death - by the Drk who refused to turn. It is important to note that the best DDs do good dmg while remaining almost completely invisible. Smile

Looking forward to the fight, and hope we get him!

I've got tips lined up next for Kurma and Tute! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Desiderio

PostSubject: Re: Tax'et and Ceizak plasm farm 9/7/13   Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:02 pm

I agree with basically all of this. I did it (1/2) with a Japanese group and in the beginning we had enfeeblings raining, then nothing more. I cannot remember, though, if damage was dealt or not during the Exuviation phase. And...I recall we counted up to 20 uses, not 25. I'm not saying we should stop at 20, just that 20 worked fine.
If done well, though, we can win in 12-13 minutes. If enfeeblers know what they are doing, this fight is easy.

About DDs, I personally like monks for the reasons said above. Less spiked, more distributed damage, a good deal of subtle blow and evasion, parrying and guarding skills, and high HP, which never hurts.

It will be an interesting fight!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skai

PostSubject: Re: Tax'et and Ceizak plasm farm 9/7/13   Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:16 am

Ahoy Desi!

Thanks for the input! I think for the exuviation phase if done right, there shouldn't be a big difference between 20 or 25 Exuviations, though when we finally do tackle the delve bosses, if we do not bead him away, we probably should look into it to see if we can down him much quicker. Smile 5/25 pdt might be a 20% dmg increase which is definitely worth researching since we probably need to down tax'et in 5 mins or less to have a realistic chance at the bosses (though from what I gather, Muyingwa is not a realistic target for 1-5+ boss clears, most of those LS's that cleared them agree that u should just bead ceizak 3/3) oh and Melees should aim for a 570acc with food for a decent acc Smile if you're unsure please check the awesome dps spreadsheets. It's pointless to have 1000 att while missing 80% of the time.

On a lighter note, this fight take a little bit more coordination than the chapuli and should be a lot more fun!

See u guys later!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skai

PostSubject: Re: Tax'et and Ceizak plasm farm 9/7/13   Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:04 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hawina
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tax'et and Ceizak plasm farm 9/7/13   Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:41 pm

Due to emergency maintenance, this event will be moved to Friday~

~Haw
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kasaioni

PostSubject: Re: Tax'et and Ceizak plasm farm 9/7/13   Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:25 am

Lucky me Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tax'et and Ceizak plasm farm 9/7/13   

Back to top Go down

Tax'et and Ceizak plasm farm 9/7/13
Page 1 of 1